Friday, October 23, 2009

Broken Plastic Retainer?

Today, as I was brushing my retainer, I heard a cracking noise, and it broke. One of the teeth sections completly fell off. I don't think I will wear it until I get a new one. I have a few questions though. I have only had this retainer for 6 months, so should I maybe get the other type of retainer? I don't understand why this would break so quickly, and I'm thinking it has to do with the type of retainer. Does it?

Broken Plastic Retainer?
First, don't wait too long because you don't want your teeth to shift positions after all that time in braces. It seems odd that your retainer broke so easily. When retainers are made they are not to be too thick because you would talk funny, plus it just takes up too much room in your mouth. I'm guessing your retainer was too thin causing it to break. I'm not sure what you mean by other type. Their can be some alternatives, but it's best to talk with your Orthodontist first. Again don't wait too long. Good Luck
Reply:Im not really sure if it has anything to do with the retainer, it might. Best thing to do is go in and get it taken care of right away. Tell them what happened and they should be able to help you. Good luck!



credit cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive