Sunday, October 11, 2009

I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed to prevent shifting, but my teeth have continued to shift forward.?

This shifting is causing my teeth to move forward and crowd out my front teeth. This is extremely horrible because I am only 20 and my teeth have always been perfectly straight, but now I have two overlaps on both the top and bottom set. When the wisdom teeth had originially broken through, they did cause a slight shift, but barely noticable.


I have spoken to three different dentists, even the surgeon who removed them, but they all agree that it is not common and that my teeth should be moving back instead. I got a plastic retainer to hold them in place, but it is impossible to remove and my teeth just go back when I eat.


Please I would really appreciate an answer, because I only had them removed in October (about 5 months ago) and they aren't fully closed yet.

I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed to prevent shifting, but my teeth have continued to shift forward.?
Well sorry to here the bad news...I'm going to get 3 of mine cut out next Friday and my surgeon said that it's the best thing you can do to help shifting. Especially when you get braces like I'm going to do..it gives your teeth a WHOLE lot of room to shift in the right place.





Hope you find some help on your question... : )
Reply:I would ask my periodontal surgeon or dentist to refer me to a good orthodontist for an examination and consultation about the possibility of braces.



mens health

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive